This is the software you will need to play Soft Arranger styles. You can download it all for free to get started.
There are a number of items to download but once you are done you will enjoy a small band that fits in a pen drive and which you can use for many different applications.
Basically the way it works is that Soft Arranger sends midi data to the virtual synthesizers hosted by the DAW (digital audio workstation). Then the DAW mixes everything and sends it to the sound card or audio output of your computer.
- Soft Arranger The Arranger software that will send the MIDI data to make your virtual band play.
- Java It is needed on your computer for Soft Arranger to be able to run. You probably already have it installed on your computer but here is the link just in case.
- loopMIDI (only for Windows users) You need a virtual MIDI cable to connect Soft Arranger to your DAW via MIDI. That is what we use loopMIDI for. If you are on a Mac you don’t need to download anything because there is already a similar application already built into macOS.
- Reaper The DAW of choice mostly because of flexibility and because it works on both mac and windows. Actually this is the only software that is not free but you can use it in trial mode. Buying Reaper is definitely recommended since a non professional license is dirt cheap. If you don’t want to use Reaper you can use any other DAW just fine but you will have to make your own presets which means a little extra work.
- TX16Wx A really cool sampler plugin which will be needed for drums, synthesizers and samples to actually sound.
- SWS / S&M extension This is an extension for Reaper so that it will behave like a multitimbral synthesizer with presets that can be easily called up via MIDI.
- Presets All the presets including samples for the TX16Wx, soundbanks and settings for reaper. The soundbank will be updated with new sounds as needed for new styles so check back often for changes.
Once you have everything downloaded jump over to the set up instructions to get it all running.